Thursday, March 21, 2019

Dates For The Diary

2015 has been the almost eventful twelvemonth of my teaching career to date. I returned to piece of job from motherhood exit inwards Jan as well as took on a Lead Practitioner move at a novel schoolhouse vi months later. I continued to last a busy blogger as well as tweeter throughout the twelvemonth as well as was chuffed that my efforts were recognised at the United Kingdom of Great Britain as well as Northern Ireland Blog Awards inwards April. During 2015 I attended numerous teaching events including maths conferences, TeachMeets, debates as well as my real ain Christmaths party. Although it's tempting to write a long as well as rambling reflection of all the events of the year, instead I've decided to await at what 2016 has to offer. There's loads going on inwards the twelvemonth ahead as well as this post lists a few highlights. Full listings tin laissez passer the sack last constitute here.

January
Back to schoolhouse as well as the chaos starts all over again. If your schoolhouse is form plenty to allow you lot out for a day, I reckon La Salle's National Maths Education Symposium on Th 21st Jan is worth a look. The programme is excellent.

I'm incredibly jealous of anyone who is able to attend the adjacent Peterborough Maths Network event. They've solely managed to describe of piece of job upwards the almost awesome mortal inwards the maths teaching - Don Steward! This lawsuit takes house after schoolhouse on 19th Jan as well as you'd last foolish to fille it.

It's also my birthday on sixth January... simply saying.

February
It's a outflow year! Did you lot run into this tweet from Matt Parker? I ♥ numbers.
March as well as April
Have you lot noticed how curt the Spring Term is? Easter falls early on inwards 2016. As a upshot there's an awful lot going on during March.

The write-up of the final conference to larn an persuasion of what goes on.

I'm also actually looking forwards to Julia Smith's (@tessmaths) Easter Maths Camp which is on 28th as well as 29th March in sunny St Osyth, Essex. There's all sorts of lovely activities lined upwards - contact Julia if you lot desire to larn involved.
As always, the ATM as well as MA are belongings their conferences over the Easter holidays. The ATM's Easter Conference 2016 is inwards Warwick from Tuesday 29th March to Fri 1st Apr as well as the MA Annual Conference 2016 takes house inwards Oxford from Fri 1st Apr to Lord's Day tertiary April. Both get got fantabulous programmes. Hopefully when my children are older I'll last able to attend i of these residential conferences.

Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 distich of weeks into the Summer Term is my write-up here) as well as therefore if you lot larn the adventure to go, I actually recommend it.

July as well as August
I'll last presenting on Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree resources at the annual FMSP Key Stage five Teachers Conference inwards London on eighth July - details to follow.

Tom Bennison (@DrBennison) is organising an East Midlands KS5 Mathematics Conference on ninth August at the University of Nottingham. With the upcoming implementation of new Key Stage five specifications, Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree CPD is going to accept centre phase over the adjacent 2 years. Tom is planning what sounds similar an fantabulous lawsuit - I volition part details when they are announced.

September to December
#mathsconf8 takes house inwards Manchester on 1st Oct - it's a fleck of a trek for me but I wouldn't fille it!

I'm certain there'll last lots to a greater extent than Autumn Term events announced closer to the time. Maybe fifty-fifty a #christmaths16... And (fingers crossed) I actually promise to organise something when the novel maths gallery opens at the Science Museum. Watch this space.

Quick - larn these dates inwards your diary now!
Throughout the twelvemonth there's loads of fantastic local events organised yesteryear bodies such equally the Further Maths Support Programme as well as the Maths Hubs. I haven't listed everything here, but there's ever plenty going on for maths teachers as well as therefore create honor out what's happening inwards your area.

I await forwards to seeing you lot at an lawsuit inwards 2016.

Happy New Year!