Thursday, September 6, 2012

5 Maths Gems #77

Welcome to my 77th gems post. This is where I portion some of the latest news, ideas too resources for maths teachers.

1. Interactive Manipulatives
Jonathan Hall (blogged near the features of MathsBot concluding year. Jonathan has latterly added lots of novel content to MathsBot, including a laid of virtual manipulatives which are good worth exploring. They are real helpful for demonstrating things on the board earlier students accept a become amongst actual manipulatives, such equally algebra tiles too Dienes Blocks.

2. Revision Maze
Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 GCSE nine - 1 revision resources.

3. AQA Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Level Resources
AQA has launched its A score maths e-library. I position a lot of travel into this projection then I actually promise it's useful. It's a non bad identify to search for resources when pedagogy the novel Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 level. AQA has too published a novel laid of topic tests for Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 level.
Links to these theme tests too other novel Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 score resources tin travel constitute on my New Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Level Support page.

4. Stickers
Have yous seen these amazing stickers from Maths Gear? Take a infinitesimal to read through them. I beloved maths jokes! 
If you're always buying a introduce for a maths teacher, I recommend 2 bright websites for mathsy gifts: mathsgear.co.uk and presentindicative.com.
5. Rolling Numbers
Naveen Rizvi (blogged near the importance of joining the MA. Recent rumours that our profession mightiness lose the FMSP - i of our most highly valued organisations - way it is straightaway to a greater extent than of import than always to bring together the MA. We require to come upwards together equally a profession to brand our voices heard. Please bring together if yous haven't already.

I'm looking frontward to seeing lots of maths teachers at here. There are alone a few spaces left inwards my workshop then if yous desire to come upwards along too haven't chosen your workshops yet, delight do.

In illustration yous missed them, hither are my recent posts:

I too updated my new Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 score resources page too my Topics inwards Depth page, too I've added a few novel Pret homeworks (thanks to continuing generous contributions!).

In Oct I volition travel presenting on resources at the Power of Six Conference inwards London. Do banking concern stand upwards for this i out - tickets are straightaway alone £50 too in that place are some first-class speakers lined upwards to present.

Finally, don't forget to mass tickets for the Festival of the Spoken Nerd Tour! I'll travel at the Redhill surgery on twelfth October. Can't wait!